The example of Initial configuration on Cisco PIX using ASDM
The Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) is web-based design connect to and
manage a PIX/ASA using a web browser.
Note: Before you launch the Startup Wizard, make sure you obtain a DES license
the following information; a unique hostname, the IP addresses of your outside
interface, inside interface, and any other interfaces to be configured.
To use the Startup Wizard to set up a basic configuration for the security
appliance, please following steps:
1) Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the inside port (Ethernet
1) on the PIX 515.
2) Configure your PC to use DHCP or statics
Note The PIX ships with a default IP address of 192.168.1.1.
3) Start ASDM by running URL:
4) . In the window that requires you to choose the method you want to use to run
the ASDM software, choose either to download the ASDM launcher or to run the
ASDM software as a Java applet.
5) In the dialog box that requires a username and password, leave both fields
empty. Press Enter.
6) Click Yes to accept the certificates. Click Yes for all subsequent
authentication and certificate dialog boxes.
7) From the Wizards menu, choose Startup Wizard.
8) Follow the instructions in the Startup Wizard to set up your security
Contact a consultant
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2013
All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.